Berk Communications has an exciting opportunity for an on the Consumer Lifestyle Marketing team in the Los Angeles office.
· 5+ years of experience serving in a full time role either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, a related field or in the liberal arts
· Experience working with or a passion for food & beverage brands is a plus!
· Superior oral and written communication skills; advanced proofreading and editing ability
· Superior, demonstrated proficiency in media writing and media relations (story pitching to traditional media and digital influencers, writing releases and bylines, ability to find creative angles and create highly targeted media strategies and pitches)
· Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
· Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media)
· Experience supervising and providing guidance to junior staffers; strong team building and mentorship aptitude
· Maintain knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of industry publications, nationals, broadcast media
· Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Cision (or related PR software)
· Ability to travel as necessary contingent on client and new business needs
About Berk Communications: Founded in 1999, Berk Communications is a boutique public relations agency specializing in food & beverage, hospitality & tourism, lifestyle & consumer products, and sports & entertainment personalities.
Clients include D'USSÉ, Fanatics, Maxim Experiences, Meatpacking District, National CineMedia, Sonoma-Cutrer, The Israel Ministry of Tourism, Tidal and a diverse group of personalities including Alex Rodriguez, Lance Armstrong, Romelu Lukaku, Todd Gurley, CC Sabathia and Jay Ajayi.
Berk Communications is an MWWPR Company. To learn more about Berk Communications, visit http://www.berkcommunications.com or @BerkComm EEO & Diversity Statement Berk Communications is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.